Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Rare Update!

Bradburymedia has been quiet of late, as life has been far too hectic. But I will be posting a bit more frequently now that my PhD is well and truly out of the way.

The Cinema of Lost Films: Ray Bradbury and the Screen is the title of my thesis, which I handed in back in January. Then, in October, I was finally notified that my PhD was complete.

Call me Dr Phil!

As I write this, I'm sitting in the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies in Indianapolis. I'm on a three-week research visit, gathering material for a proposed book on Ray Bradbury Theatre, Ray's TV series from the 1980s and 1990s. I've just spent an hour Skyping with the good people of the Ray & Diana Harryhausen Foundation for an episode of their podcast which should be released soon. Watch this space for more detail.

3 comments:

seth said...

So your book will be entirely about adapted Science Fiction. We should do a special TMTYR episode when it comes out. Or even before.

Jack Seabrook said...

Congratulations on finishing your PhD!

Phil said...

Sethm it could be a LOOOOOONG wait for the book to appear!

And thanks, Jack!