- an almost full script c.1960;
- re-writing it as the novel published in 1962;
- writing an entirely new script based on the novel for Twentieth Century-Fox in 1973;
- substantially revising and reducing the script for Jack Clayton in 1976;
- re-working it again in 1981 for Disney, again with Jack Clayton.
The Center for Ray Bradbury Studies holds manuscripts of most of Bradbury's script work on this project. These are the folders for the 1973 and 1976 screenplays. The Bryna Company is Kirk Douglas's production company, which teamed up with Disney for the 1983 film.
(Photos by Phil Nichols, courtesy of the Bradbury Memorial Archive, Center for Ray Bradbury Studies.)